Saturday, November 14, 2009

Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures

Them Crooked Vultures - Self-Titled
1. No One Loves Me & Neither Do I
2. Mind Eraser, No Chaser
3. New Fang
4. Dead End Friends
5. Elephants
6. Scumbag Blues
7. Bandoliers
8. Reptiles
9. Interlude with Ludes
10. Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up
11. Caligulove
12. Gunman
12. Spinning in Daffodils

Spawning of the roots from Queens of the Stone Age, Nirvana, and the great Led Zeppelin, here is the supergroup Them Crooked Vultures.
Them Crooked Vultures was a supergroup started with Dave Grohl [on drums], Josh Homme [on vocals and guitar], and John Paul Jones [on bass and keyboards, and also featuring Alain Johannes [their touring rhythm guitarist]. This band was actually recommended to me by one of my good friends, and I was instantly impressed. I heard this album because on November 9th, 2009, they posted their entire album on their YouTube page. Upon hearing their music, I began to feel vibes from all of the musicians, but also they came together and formed this musical amoeba, to form a supergroup. I do not give that title to just any band, it has to be a truly amazing band, and Them Crooked Vultures hits home for that. You can hear all hints of their [past and present] bands sounds in Them Crooked Vultures, but they still have a sound unique to themselves. Anyways, go check them out, I really recommend them. Go buy their c.d. when it is released on November 17th, 2009 in the US or go listen to it on their youtube page (Link posted above, and below in Links).

Suggested Songs: No One Loves Me & Neither Do I, New Fang, and Bandoliers

0 comments: