Sunday, November 8, 2009

Top 10 Vocalists

I decided I would make a new segment. Its called Top 10.
I plan to do this once a week, going through and posting a list of 10 good bands, singers, drummers, or whatever on here..

Don't agree? Just leave a comment or send me an e-mail, and if its a good request, I will add them to the post.

Lets try it out!

Top 10 Vocalists
Here are what I believe to be the better 10 vocalists of todays music.
I threw this list together pretty fast, so it might to be accurate.
Below each Vocalist's name, is a brief description of why I put them on this list.
Click the links below each description to hear my song of choice by them.
Note: This is just my opinion. Sorry if my opinion does not match yours.

10. Maynard James Keenan

Being Tool's frontman, Maynard Keenan has certainly made a name for his unique, yet compelling vocal style.
Not only known for Tool, Keenan has been known for his vocal work with Pusicfer and A Perfect Circle.
His voice alone is just powerful and commanding, but also being enough to give you shivers


9. Michael "Jag" Jagmin

Being one of the newest members of A Skylit Drive, Michael "Jag" Jagmin has added an amazing touch to the band.
Jag can somehow hit those very high notes for a guy, let alone any gender.


8. Forrest Kline

Yes, Forrest Kline is that one singer guy from Hellogoodbye.
You might not think much of his voice, but I do. Listening to his Ukulele Recordings, you learn the true talent in his voice.


7. Dallas Green

This list would not be complete without Dallas Green. The backup vocalist for the canadian band Alexisonfire, and the band behind City and Colour.
His voice is good, but is also amazing in live recordings I have seen of him playing with Alexisonfire. No one compares.


6. Cedric Bixler-Zavala

Who is this guy? This guy, is the singer of The Mars Volta and At The Drive-In. Two great bands.
Cedric's voice is very unique, and some of the pitches he hits, is nearly insane.


5. Anthony Green

Circa Survive, enough said. Anthony Green just has a unique tone to his voice that is unmatchable.
He also has some solo stuff that shows his potential in acoustic music.


4. Vic Fuentes

As the lead singer of his band Pierce The Veil, Vic shows his talent with his band, but also in a acoustic track he recorded with Jonny Craig.
Vic Fuentes has a fairly unique voice, as well as most vocalists on this list, but yet it has an impact on you that is amazing.


3. Claudio Sanchez

Claudio Sanchez, of Coheed and Cambria, I have been a big fan of for the longest time. I have followed the band from their In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 c.d..
His voice has this unique tone and feel that not many other musicians have. Plus, he plays guitar and vocals for his band, which is a tough feat.


2. Craig Owens

Ex vocalist of Chiodos, Craig Owens, has one of the best voices I have ever heard.
Craig really showed his talent in his solo EP, which he recorded shortly before being kicked out of Chiodos.


1. Jonny Craig

Many people who know me will know that I am a HUGE Jonny Craig fan.
His voice just has this pure and raw energy that no other vocalist can attempt.
I wish I could type more about this truly phenomenal vocalist, but I will let his voice do the rest.



So that is it, my quick list of my top 10 favorite singers.
More lists to come.

0 comments: