Sunday, January 3, 2010

Top Ten Albums of 2009

Being that 2009 is finally over, I will post my list of the top ten albums of 2009.


First, I would like to say that these are in no specific order. It would be impossible to do so, because I like them all for different reasons
Second, I just put in a brief description of why I like the C.D.. No official reviews.

So, lets start off 2010 with the best of 2009 list.
This list will be the Album name, then the band
10. Grand by Matt and Kim

This C.D. was one of my favorites this year.
You don't really hear music of this intensity from two people.
Plus, a very unique and catchy sound.

9. Sagarmatha by The Appleseed Cast

I love the feel and sound of this C.D..
It is so chilled and laid back.
It sounds like Ambient Rock.

8. Swoon by Silversun Pickups

As a follow up to Carnavas, this C.D. was great.
The energy on this C.D. is through the roof.

7. Sounds of the Universe by Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode still has it, even to this day.
This C.D. was if not, one of their best ones to date.

6. Horehound by The Dead Weather

Jack White, Alison Mosshart, Dean Fertita, and Jack Lawrence.
Any of those names by themselves is amazing, but all together?
Hands down one of the best C.D.'s of 2009.

5. Light by Matisyahu

After three years since their last release, this was purely a gift.
The C.D. is great, and is even better Live.

4. mewithoutYou - It's All Crazy! It's All False! It's All A Dream! It's Alright

mewithoutYou is great band period.
This was a phenomenal follow-up of their 2006 release, Brother, Sister.

3. Say Anything by Say Anything

A great addition to their discography.
Say Anything is nearly done perfecting their art.
Lets hope they don't lose that skill.

2. This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars

One of my most anticipated albums of 2009.
Once I heard it, I was not let down.
This Is War is, if not, their best C.D. so far.

1. My Name Up In Lights by The Secret Handshake


Another C.D. with simply amazing energy.
This one wants to make you dance.


Other Albums that were really good:
The Resistance by Muse
No Ceilings by Lil' Wayne
A Dream Is A Question You Don't Know How To Answer by Jonny Craig
Two Tongues by Two Tongues
Happiness by Dance Gavin Dance

0 comments: