Monday, September 21, 2009

Maxïmo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures

I decided I would start out with a post of Maxïmo Park due to the fact that they came on my iTunes.



Maxïmo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures
1. Girls Who Play Guitars
2. Our Velocity
3. Books From Boxes
4. Russian Literature
5. Karaoke Plays
6. Your Urge
7. The Unshockable
8. By the Monument
9. Nosebleed
10. A Fortnight's Time
11. Sandblasted and Set Free
12. Parisian Skies
From first hearing about this band back in 2007, I was impressed from the start. I first heard about this band on Xbox Live, because you could download their video for Our Velocity for free.
Starting out with more Electronic sounding synths, I found it very catchy. The video itself was semi confusing, but still did not turn me away from the band.
After a few listens of the c.d., I was very attached. Vocalist Paul Smith had a way with words that just drew you in, relating to his listeners in a way that just makes you like their music even more.
Now to the c.d. itself.
Maxïmo Park's music overall could not be related to many other bands. With a Vocalist/Guitarist, Bassist, Drummer and Keyboardist, their sound is very impressive. The lyrics are clear in their meaning, but also can be very though provoking, which makes the c.d. all the better.


Suggested Songs: Girls Who Play Guitars, Books From Boxes, and Our Velocity

0 comments: