Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dropkick Murphys - The Meanest Of Times




Dropkick Murphys - The Meanest Of Times
1. Famous For Nothing
2. God Willing
3. The State of Massachusetts
4. Tomorrow's Industry
5. Echoes on "A." Street
6. Vices and Virtues
7. Surrender
8. (F)lannigan's Ball
9. I'll Be Again
10. Fairmont Hill
11. Loyal to No One
12. Shattered
13. Rude Awakenings
14. Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya
15. Never Forget

Dropkick Murphys... Where to begin. I will first start off by saying they have made a large apperance in modern media with their song "The State of Massachusetts" being the theme song for the show Nitro Circus on MTV. Also Dropkick Murphys made an appearance in Guitar Hero 3 with their songs Famous For Nothing, (F)lannigans Ball, and Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya. I have played all of those Guitar Hero 3 songs on many times, being that they are just so fun. Also they were featured in the game Tony Hawk's American Wasteland soundtrack performing the song Who Is Who.
Dropkick Murphys has this way of creating music with just a strong folk tone and combining it with Punk music. It was a very creative combination of genres, but yet they make it seem so easy. I was very impressed when I heard their music for the first time. If I ever went to an irish pub, I would hope to hear this music playing over the speakers as I chug my beers. I hope to hear much more out of Dropkick Murphys in the near future.

Suggested Songs: The State of Massachusetts, (F)lannigan's Ball, and Fairmont Hill.

0 comments: