Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Royal Chains - Bear Island EP

The Royal Chains - Bear Island EP
1. Summerstills
2. Lucy Takes The Dare
3. Wolf
4. Repeater
5. Bear Island

I recently got an e-mail from this band, asking me to do a review. I was utterly amazed at the quality of music from this band. Their sound is truly something that you can listen to for hours on end. This EP shows the different sounds, from some of the songs being slower, to some being upbeat. The thing that I liked most about this EP, is that every song made me want to listen to more. There is no bad song on this EP. They capture the sound of older music, while blending in some features of new music. A very catchy and unique vocal style, featuring one singer, who is also their drummer. If you want to know how hard that is, go try it in rock band. It is a crazy hard feat, and I send my heart out to Adam. I strongly suggest you listen to this EP, buy the EP, or go see the band live. Anything to support this band. They will be playing at SXSW this month as mentioned in my previous post.

Suggested Songs: Lucy Takes The Dare, Repeater and Bear Island

0 comments: